Hytera RD985 Digital Licenced Repeater
Powerful Digital Repeater
To start with RD985 is a DMR Non-XPT radio repeater from Hytera. Whilst available for use in both analogue and digital modes, RD985 is designed to be the heart of a multi-site two-way radio network. Thereby using up to 50W of power this repeater provides excellent coverage even on the largest of sites, maximise capacity for twice as many users to use a single channel.
Then, Hytera RD985 has a sleek design with LED indicators and screen on the face of the radio to help with usability. Whilst on an integrated fan keeps the device cool to ensure consistent performance.
Next, other repeaters the RD985 would either be mounted on a wall via the use of the BRK18 wall bracket. Once in a vehicle using the BRK09 installation kit or simply placed on a table for easy access.
Last but not least, the battery backup and integral battery charging are available options via the use of the PSU. Lastly, N-Type aerial connector repeater also have an internal duplexer when using the optional mounting kit.
Description and Features
- Firstly, RD985 repeater supports digital and analogue modes. It smartly selects the right one based on the type of received signal.
- Secondly, Advanced TDMA Digital Technology: The application of Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) technology greatly enhances spectrum efficiency, which allows twice the users compared with that of traditional FDMA which saves equipment and frequency costs.
- On top of that IP Multi Site Connect supports network interconnect so multiple locations features on the same radio system.
- Lastly, Analogue / Digital Telephone Interconnect (via DTMF Signalling) supports simplex voice communications between radio and telephone users. And it allows a radio user to make a telephone call or a telephone user to make either a Group or Private call.
- Ingress Protection: IP54
- Brand: Hytera
- Manufacturer Part Number RD985
- Group / Type: Digital Licenced Repeater
- Band (VHF or UHF): UHF, VHF
- Channels: 2
- Analogue or Digital: Digital
- Signalling Type: CTCSS, DCS, DMR
- Warranty: 2 years
- Dimensions: Height (mm): 88mm x Width (mm): 483mm x Depth (mm): 366mm
- Weight: 8.5 kg